Becoming a Project Management Professional (PMP)
PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) ® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects.
PMP SUBJECT KNOWLEDGE AREAS
A certified Project Management Professional should Excel in:
- Integration management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholders Management.
These areas of expertise come together to empower PMP’s in evaluating projects
BENEFITS OF THE PMP PROGRAM
PMP’s have promising jobs prospects, there is a high need for organisations to achieve their goals and the goals of an organisation can be effectively brought into reality by project management professionals because they have the required skills that are necessary in ensuring that the goals of the organisation do not fail.
Being a PMP also means you are part of a network of international elites through the project management institute in the USA that has over 500,000 members worldwide.
IMPORTANCE TO ORGANISATIONS:
- Get more contracts, and win more business because most organisations do not want people working on their projects if they do not have a project management credential.
- Jobs are being carried out by experts who understand how to follow the process so as not to have a failed project.
IMPORTANCE TO INDIVIDUALS
- Increased marketability in the work place
- International recognition
- Career advancement
- Member of international professional network
- Job opportunities.
Since the PMP is a highly respected professional designation, it sets you above the competition in the sphere of project management.
PMP EXAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT
To apply for the PMP, you need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education OR
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
PMP CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
As part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements program, a PMP credential holder will need to earn 60 PDUs per three-year cycle.
PMP EXAMINATION FEES (US DOLLARS)
Contact us for details
PMP EXAM PREPARATORY CLASS.
PMP Exam Preparatory Class spans for 2weekends in class (Saturday and Sunday consecutively) or 4 days (Monday – Friday).
THE PMP EXAM
A computer based exam consisting of 200 multiple choice questions which comprises the 10 knowledge areas. To be completed in four (4) hours.
The exam window runs every month in every year. The exam can be taken at any time as soon as you are sure that you are ready for the exam.
The PMP exam can be taken in several locations around the world. This is great news for candidates. Exams are administered through the worldwide network of Prometric Testing Centres. There are many locations throughout the U.S and internationally
For further information on Training and Certification, please send us a mail on email@example.com